What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sync Reminders with Outlook

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To sync Reminders with Outlook you need to download and install iCloud for Windows (available from the Apple web site). You need Windows 7 or Vista and you need Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010. Once you have gone through the setup procedure on your PC your Outlook Tasks are synced with your iPad Reminders. Neat. It will also sync your calendar and contacts if you want it to.

Hope this helps some people.

Cheers,

Geoff aka tyreless

OP
tyreless

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tyreless said:
To sync Reminders with Outlook you need to download and install iCloud for Windows (available from the Apple web site). You need Windows 7 or Vista and you need Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010. Once you have gone through the setup procedure on your PC your Outlook Tasks are synced with your iPad Reminders. Neat. It will also sync your calendar and contacts if you want it to.

Hope this helps some people.

Cheers,

Geoff aka tyreless

Spoke too soon. While the Tasks transferred to Reminders when I set it up they do not refresh afterwards. New Tasks and new Reminders are not being synced between Outlook and the ipad2.

Cheers,

Geoff aka tyreless

OP
tyreless

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I now find it does work. The following was posted on the iphone forums:

"Originally Posted by Marcitz
Ok so actually there is something that does work but it's a bit kludgey. Turns out that when you set up iCloud on your desktop it creates a whole new folder in outlook that has the bi directionally synced tasks. A few caveats. First you can't get those to show up in your "to do bar" on the right is you use that. Apparently, at least in outlook 2007, that can only contain tasks from your default outlook folder. Also, and I haven't tested this enough yet but it feels like when you create a task on the iPad you set a "reminder" date but when you create one in outlook it is a "due date" and that seems to make some sort of diference but I haven't figured out what that is yet."

It is kludgey but it is the best solution I have found so far for syncing my iPad 2 to my Outlook 2007. There is an Apple support page that also helped me: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4000

Cheers,

Geoff aka tyreless

PhilPa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tyreless,

Personally, my iPad is a real working tool in my professional life. To sync Outlook Tasks with Reminders I use Beesy. This app lets me sync is done at the same time on iPad, iPhone and my laptop.
This is very convenient!

Most reactions