What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop Facebook requests to install Messenger

Joan416

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really don't need another separate app for messages, i like private posts, email and the (now defunct) facebook chat just fine. How can I stop Facebook from asking me to install their Messenger App everytime I try to search for someone?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Safari or the app?

The FaceBook app only pester's me when I accidentally tap on the messaging icon. I've got Chat turned off, both on my iPad and in the website, so that might be a factor as well.

I almost never use FaceBook in Safari on the iPad, but that's the only way I know of to send or receive messages on your iPad without the FaceBook Messages app. FaceBook has disable Messages in all their apps. They want it to be a separate app, and aren't inclined to give people the option of not changing their habits.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts