What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to setup a Group e-mail on an i-Pad

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I want to set up a distribution list or a group e-mail on an i-pad. I have read work arounds where you use the " Contact List", put the group name under the first name or Company name and add your email addresses. This works if you send your Group mail from the contact list. However, I use Zoom to run training classes and this work around doesn't work.

I have searched the Internet for Apps, and have across only one, Mail Shot Pro, however, all the info on this dates back to 2015. Does anyone in the forum have experience of this App, or are there any other newer Apps which have been designed for Apples latest Software.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mail Shot tricks a single contact into acting like a group. I’m not sure it still works. I’m not sure what your other solution is, but I suspect it’s a manual way of doing exactly what Mail Shot automates.

Contacts can have real groups, similar to other contact apps. For some reason, Apple does not give you the ability to create those groups in their iPad app. You can add and remove contacts from them, but not make or delete the groups. To do that you either have to use the iCloud.com site, or a third party app. I use Cardhop by Readdle.

Once you have a real contact group in the Contacts app, you can use it to send emails. Just start typing the name of the group in the address bar, and it will show up as an option in the suggestion list. Tap it and all the group emails will be added to the tmail.

There is one gotcha. If you have multiple email addresses for a contact, the list picks the first one. There is no way to specify which email to use, other than make sure it is the first in the list.

AFD6261C-90EB-4664-A4B4-FD22691574D2.jpeg

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply and info, I have made the groups I need on my desktop and can use to send e-mails from the i-phone and i-Pad.

You would have thought Apple would have designed their I-Pads and I-Phones with this functionality.,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply and info, I have made the groups I need on my desktop and can use to send e-mails from the i-phone and i-Pad.

You would have thought Apple would have designed their I-Pads and I-Phones with this functionality.,

You are welcome. And yes, I don’t know why they let you have groups, but not create them on iOS. It’s an odd oversight that has been around from the beginning

Most reactions

Latest posts