What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set App Store language ?

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad's language is English and on my Mac the language is English as well. But still the App Store is Dutch which I cannot change.
In my Apple IDI have specified English as language, but the App Store persists to speak Dutch.
How can I change this ?

Reaction score
This is a known limitation and there is no workaround. The AppStore insists on using the local language of your credit card location. Some countries support multiple languages, but not in your case.

The only way to change the AppStore language is by changing the store to another country, but you would need a foreign credit card for that to work.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to change the country in iTunes.

I'm an American living in Europe, so I have the same issue.

OP
appleeater

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is very un-Apple as both MacOS and iOS are very versatile and language can be set no\rmally.
Even setting another country is impossible as the country of issue of the credit card will be checked, unlike most other sites. What does it atter where you come from as long they get their money.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is annoying, but there are a lot more things other than just language that take effect when selling stuff. I hope your selections of books is better than our pathetic choices.

Most reactions

Latest posts