What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to secure an iPad at launch

JocK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best way to get an iPad asap?

I have registered at the Apple site so that I will be notified when the iPad will be on sale. But what then? I was planning to simply go to a local Apple shop on the first day of sale. But I wonder, is there also an opportunity to pre-order an iPad on the web, and get it deliver early?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will be able to pre-order it direct from Apple. No official e-mails have been sent yet, but the rumor mill says either 25 Feb or 28 Feb is the pre-order start date.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the best way to get an iPad asap?

I have registered at the Apple site so that I will be notified when the iPad will be on sale. But what then? I was planning to simply go to a local Apple shop on the first day of sale. But I wonder, is there also an opportunity to pre-order an iPad on the web, and get it deliver early?

Lucky me i have a apple store near by. I could just go there and pre-order it, then go there really early and claim it.

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
It will be interesting to see how Apple handles this. I am signed up on the site to be notified but I have not yet decided if when they tell me I will order or if I will wait for the stores to get them. I am leaning toward ordering online although I bet that will delay delivery a few days but will mean it is 100% sure and the stores _could_ run out quickly. It's a quandry!

HiLandR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you mean a new iPad 2? With the one I have and some other iPhones that I have purchased, I found it easier to get the one I wanted online than trying to find it at the store. The store only had the stock it had and based on demand you could have to settle or wait for your choice. When ordering online, you get what you want when it is available.

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you sign up for to be notified by email? Went to their web site but could not find where.
Thanks for any links.

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y, Don't temp me. lol

Last edited:

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to secure an iPad at launch

Every time I visit the forum and see the title of this thread I think it's going to be about security/privacy on the iPad.

Most reactions