What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restore Apps from PC i.e. without re-downloading

zuulan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

This is my first post.

OK, so I've updated my iPad to OS5 and as expected I've lost all my installed apps but they where transferred to my PC's itunes beforehand.

Now I know I can redownload all my apps for Free but I have a download allowance of 10GB per month, which is already tight.

I presume the apps are actually stored on my PC, so how can I get them all back on my iPad without having to redownload them from the internet???

Thanks

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your computer is not authorized, do so by clicking STORE in iTunes, then AUTHORIZE THIS COMPUTER. next, click store again and press CHECK FOR AVAILABLE DOWNLOADS. Cloud is rigged to do this itself if you turned on automatic downloads but just be safe. Next, if your wifi sync isn't on, just hook up your iPad to iTunes the old fashion way, click your device in the device pane to the left of iTunes, click APPS across the top of the device panel.

From here? Your apps will he sorted most like by applicable device such as iPod, iPhone, iPad or just iPhone/iPod or just iPad. You can change this to games, productivity, etc.

You just check which ones you want or all. A cool thing about this is it allows you to see your home screen, and organize the apps just as you would from your device. You can group them in folders and rename the folders. You can also drag and drop and delete.

After you pick and organize, press apply and or sync. And wait if it's over 10G, it can take up to or over an hour. Next, you are going to want to back up your device in iCloud.

Go to settings on your device, and click ICLOUD. It should be just under general. Enable your settings. Click BACK UP AMD STORAGE, make sure you're on WIFI and back up. I think this will allow you to restore your device with apps as is, in case of anything else.

But remember, updates will be available via your device in settings and only change what is being mended. It doesn't not wipe out and restore anymore. Yay!

Hope that helps you (and others)

OP
Z

zuulan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ever so much. :) Seems to be working a treat. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts