What's new

How to print from iPad

morgan2013

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Wesley Chapel, FL
I have iPad 4 and want to know how do I print anything? Do I get connected to a regular printer? If not, how?
Thanks. I am newbie.
 
I have iPad 4 and want to know how do I print anything? Do I get connected to a regular printer? If not, how? Thanks. I am newbie.
In order to print from the iPad, you need an AirPrint enabled printer. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

This is the only way to print from the iPad as you can't connect an iPad and printer by using cables.
 
I have iPad 4 and want to know how do I print anything? Do I get connected to a regular printer? If not, how?
Thanks. I am newbie.

Hi Morgan - welcome to the forum! :) There are two ways to print from the iPad: 1) Using an Air Print compatible printer (check HERE for more information & also printers that have that Apple technology built-in) - both the printer & iPad need to be on the same Wi-Fi network; or 2) If you do not have a compatible printer, using a software app on your computer attached to your printer - check the app store (search on 'printer app'); I use to have FingerPrint on my old Canon printer (not sure if still available); Print n Share is another option; again requires a Wi-Fi network.

Let me stop there - please let us know whether you do have a home Wi-Fi network, a printer (brand, model, wired or wireless), and a computer - more information will help to provide specific suggestions - good luck! Dave :)
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom