What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to open *many* rtf files at once?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a bunch (291) of .rtf files to open up, examine their contents and either copy into a new, aggregating document, or toss them.
On a Mac, I could throw them into another text document and deal with them efficiently. on iPad, I don’t see a way to do it. maybe I need to look at the problem in a different way?

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's probably not a great solution, but you can run two instances of Textilus Pro side by side. After a little experimenting I found I could select text out of one document and drag it into another, or drag an entire document from file view in one to an open document in the other view. You have to be careful where you drag it, as it will drop off at the cursor, not at the end of the document.

Other than that I have few ideas. iPadOS and Apple's apps have only the most basic support for .rtf. It's possible to do quite a bit of file manipulation in the Files app, especially if you add in a few Shortcuts, but again, .rtf support is minimal. It would take more knowledge and experience than I currently have to turn the combination into a good .rtf file/document management tool.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought a license for Textilus. You’ve suggested it before. It really stands out in my mind as a software tool that is utterly simple and very powerful at the same time. In some ways, they’ve out-Appled Apple.

Thank you for the suggestion. Whether this tool helps with the above task or not, it’s going to be part of my everyday kit.

Most reactions

Latest posts