What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail user name or password incorrect

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting the above message for some reason. Things have been going along fine since I set the new iPad up. I had both exchange and the Gmail app getting mail and a few days ago turned off exchange mail since it just duplicated. Fine until this morning when I started getting this message.

I turned exchange email back on and my gmail shows up in that folder but not the Gmail. Any suggestions before I delete and redo the gmail one.

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned exchange email back on and my gmail shows up in that folder but not the Gmail. Any suggestions before I delete and redo the gmail one.

So confused. Do you have an Exchange account and a gmail account?

It makes no sense Gmail would be showing up in an Exchange account.

OP
W

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been a little confusing for me with my first apple product. Using the gmail app was recommended in the guide (yes I actually read it all the way through). So I did but it only did email and calendar not contacts so followed the instructions to set up exchange and by default all three were turned on (email, contacts and calendar). Soon figured that wasn't right (got double email) so turned off calendar and email.

Kind of wondering if I shouldn't cancel the gmail setup and stick with exchange. I do have iCloud turned on to get email sent to my apple Id.

The original problem seems to have gone away. Must have Ben a google problem.

Most reactions