What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to go from tethered redsn0w to untethered greenpois0n?

trale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought this deserved its own topic. It seems that some people have successfully greenpoisoned their previously redsnowed iPad without doing a factory restore, while others run into problems.

To be safe, it seems best to do a factory restore. So the issue then becomes - what's the best/fastest way to get back everything that was on your ipad before - photos, music, video, legit apps, Cydia apps, *edit* apps, files and documents?

Or would all this needs to be done manually again? If that is the case, is it worth the trouble just to get untethered?

Last edited by a moderator:

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm....I would favor the safest method myself. That being this:

Backup, Restore fully to factory default, then jailbreak untethered.

As for your other question....I think that when you PURCHASE something from Cydia it allows you to download them again freely....but I COULD be wrong on that.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran greenpois0n over redsn0w and have not had one single issue at all. Could some of the issues possibly be what Cydia apps and tweaks one has installed interfereing with the untethering somehow?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a restore because to me logically it should be better to start fresh. I thought maybe it would screw up mobile substrate or something.

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have redsn0w tethered jb and am unable to do an iTunes restore as my ipad simply goes into recovery mode but doesn't get past that via apple. I have to reboot via redsn0w for the pad to come out of recovery mode. Can I do a full factory reset on my device itself, free of itunes? I see the reset options of data and data+apps. i did the data reset and it simply reset all the settings but kept my apps and data, without restoring to stock 4.2.1. What am I doing wrong??

Rokr

Most reactions

Latest posts