What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of the speaker volume symbol at the centre of the screen of an iPad1?

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I adjusted the speaker volume using the volume buttons on the side of the iPad for the first time. Now the speaker volume symbol remains in the middle of the screen and I can't get rid of it. How can I get rid of it?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How to get rid of the speaker volume symbol at the centre of the screen of an...

It's not possible unless you jailbreak your device. It's equally as obstructive if not more so on iOS 7 IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am very surprised to hear that it is not possible to remove the obstructive symbol. Why would Apple design such a beautiful device with such an annoying feature?

I do have jailbreak installed. Please advise how I can remove it or point me to where I can get the information. Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That volume control icon is supposed to appear only for a few seconds after adjusting the volume controls or activating the mute control. It's not supposed to stay permanently onscreen.

If yours stays permanently visible, it's not operating correctly.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That volume control icon is supposed to appear only for a few seconds after adjusting the volume controls or activating the mute control. It's not supposed to stay permanently onscreen.

If yours stays permanently visible, it's not operating correctly.

Yep 100%

Mine appears for maybe 4 or 5 seconds then closes.

I'd try a reset and see if it makes a difference.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at your volume buttons to make sure something (case) isn't obstructing it. If it's stuck the volume will stay on the screen.

Most reactions