What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to eliminate video ads in youtube

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an adblock on my imac that blocks the videos but is there something similar for the ipad? or, within youtube?
thanks,
mikeB.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When it comes to YouTube, ads are not that much of a hassle. You can skip within 5 seconds in most instances.

Just keep in mind that ads help support your favorite you tubers to continue what they do via ad revenue.

That being said, there is nothing you can do to override ads in the YouTube app at least.

OP
V

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When it comes to YouTube, ads are not that much of a hassle. You can skip within 5 seconds in most instances.

Just keep in mind that ads help support your favorite you tubers to continue what they do via ad revenue.

That being said, there is nothing you can do to override ads in the YouTube app at least.
thanks, i understand that standpoint but why not at the beginning or the end. placing them somewhere in between is quite frustrating and breaks up the flow of the video.
thanks again,
mikeB.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks, i understand that standpoint but why not at the beginning or the end. placing them somewhere in between is quite frustrating and breaks up the flow of the video.
thanks again,
mikeB.

Probably because advertisers know you're likely to skip/ignore an ad at the beginning and even more unlikely to see an ad if it's at the end. Another words, the same reasons commercial TV put ads in the middle of your shows.

To a certain extent the battle between viewers and advertisers is our own fault. By insisting on 'free' as the standard for internet content we've forced our content providers to depend on advertisers to such an extent that they often can't say no and stay in business.

Actually, considering that Google's main source of revenue is advertising, they are fairly restrained. Have you watched a Hulu video recently?

Most reactions

Latest posts