What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download apps to a work ipad2

Katip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ipad for work and I'd love to download some of my own apps onto it using my itunes account. Thing is it's a work ipad and it hasn't got itunes on. When I attempt to down load it (or any other app) formthe website it nothing happens - no warnings or notifications just...nothing. Is there a way around this? Can I unlock it in some way? Have tried asking the IT guys at work but it's a 3 week wait which seems silly when I could do it myself....
Any idea gratefully received!
K

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi K - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I assume that you received a 'newer' iPad model w/ iOS 6.x, and second, iTunes is one of the many 'native' apps that comes on an iPad, so if your device is 'lacking' this app, then I'm assuming your company purchased the iPads w/ the app not installed? Just curious if your fellow workers have asked the same question of the IT guys? Might want to first find out what your company's policy may be? Good luck!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to welcome you to the iPad Forums, an amazing online community in which iPad users alike from all walks of life come together to discuss the very piece of technology this website is name after, iPad. We hope you enjoy the forum.

We ask that you read and abide by the iPadForums rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
Check out the iPF app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
I recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed.
Apple iPad News
For all your iPad FAQ.
iPad FAQ
iPad reviews are all right here.
iPad Reviews
How to create posts and new threads:
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Once again, we are so pleased you have joined us!

Goofy8275 - User of iPadForums

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Hi K - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I assume that you received a 'newer' iPad model w/ iOS 6.x, and second, iTunes is one of the many 'native' apps that comes on an iPad, so if your device is 'lacking' this app, then I'm assuming your company purchased the iPads w/ the app not installed? Just curious if your fellow workers have asked the same question of the IT guys? Might want to first find out what your company's policy may be? Good luck!

They won't have purhased it without itunes installed, they have merely enabled restrictions so you cant use it. Probably to prevent the very thing the OP is trying to achieve.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They won't have purhased it without itunes installed, they have merely enabled restrictions so you cant use it. Probably to prevent the very thing the OP is trying to achieve.

Good point! So iTunes is on the iPad, but by using 'Restrictions' w/ a numeric passcode, the app can be disabled - well, just gave it a try on my iPad2, i.e. when I restricted iTunes, the icon for the app disappeared on my home page; the app returns after restrictions is disabled. So, I'm assuming that the IT people at the OP's business, set the restriction for iTunes and that the app's icon is not be be seen? Just curious - looking forward to a response from the OP & others w/ comments. Thanks - :)

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Sounds most likely reason. I know our IT group locks down agency issued iPads rather strictly. One of the reasons I went BYOD instead. Makes transferring files between my work PC and iPad a little more troublesome but no big deal.

Most reactions

Latest posts