What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete multiple photos

Gwenneth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to delete multiple photos in iOS 5

Found this tip from someone else for selecting multiple photos using iOS 5. Works for deleting large numbers of photos that I had downloaded to iPad using the camera connection kit.

Last night I got up to over 250 selected at one time, probably can even get more. (Hope so, since I had 6,600 photos from a recent trip......lol.)

Using two fingers, touch and hold while swiping over the pics. When you've selected all the thumbnails visible on the screen, scroll down/up to the next set of thumbs and touch/hold/swipe again -- all the previously selected pics will remain selected.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gwenneth said:
Found this tip from someone else for selecting multiple photos using iOS 5. Works for deleting large numbers of photos that I had downloaded to iPad using the camera connection kit.

Last night I got up to over 250 selected at one time, probably can even get more. (Hope so, since I had 6,600 photos from a recent trip......lol.)

Using two fingers, touch and hold while swiping over the pics. When you've selected all the thumbnails visible on the screen, scroll down/up to the next set of thumbs and touch/hold/swipe again -- all the previously selected pics will remain selected.

Ah! Using 2 fingers to select in iOS 5, from 1 in iOS 4... Thanks.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So glad this feature remains, albeit using a slightly different method. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts