What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete multiple photos

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to hit the delete all option if you have selected multiple images. Not got my ipad on me at the moment to confirm.

tired it with just one photo...the DELETE button does not seem to be highlighted...it is red but not highlighted.....

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tired it with just one photo...the DELETE button does not seem to be highlighted...it is red but not highlighted.....

Are you trying to delete and image that you sync'd over from iTunes?

OP
Ms.P

Ms.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you---learned some new tricks too. Getting busy in the deer album making them disappear.

arbish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also slide your finger across rows of thumbnails, instead of tapping each thumbnail.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

That's an AWESOME Trick I have got today! thank you!

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are welcome. I am not sure where I learned that ... But probably on this forum earlier this year. A very useful trip indeed.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not at my laptop right now but I think that some photo folders are accessible via window explorer (Windows) when the iPad is connected. I remember that I successfully deleted photos from some folders, either from the camera roll folder or from the imported photo folder, from the camera kit. I will not have the chance to try for several days.

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then that's why it won't work. You can't delete photos off the iPad if they were put on there/synced by iTunes.

It's the nature of the beast...

Marilyn

thanks for the info. I have created a dedicated iPad photo folder on my MacMini, instead of just transferring all photo's from the pictures folder, I put photo's I want on my iPad in that photo folder and transfer, problem solved! :)

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The great thing about the tap and slide is no matter how fast you slide, every image that is touched is selected so you really can select a page full of images in literally a couple of seconds.

I never knew!!! thanks for the tip...what does it mean when it says delete everywhere? somehow I have over a hundred duplicate photos and I don't need that so I did the wonderful swipe method and was gonna delete til it said that. ll

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it seems that this quick selection method for deleting pics no longer works in IOS 5? :(

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes you are right. So now it is tap.tap.tap.tap...........

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, that figures! Find a neat trick and bam! Gone.

Ah well, didn't get to play with it much anyhoo...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts