What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete multiple photos

Ms.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Son downloaded 400 pics from the camera at the deer feeders to check out the brood before hunting. Tell me I do not have to delete each one by one. Thanks, can't find info in manual.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Gallery view touch the curly arrow icon at the top right hand corner of the screen. Now you're in edit mode. You can then quickly tap on each photo to select it (yes, OK, you'll have to that 400 times....:( ) and when you've finished hit the Delete button. All 400 photos will be deleted at once.

Tim

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also slide your finger across rows of thumbnails, instead of tapping each thumbnail.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The great thing about the tap and slide is no matter how fast you slide, every image that is touched is selected so you really can select a page full of images in literally a couple of seconds.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Donka - I'm always impressed by how responsive the iPad touch screen is. It's by far the best of all the touch screen devices I have by a big margin.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just joining the thread to say "thanks, Rockbottom!"

What an awesome tip - and I never knew it. Over a year with the iPad and still learning new stuff. Ain't it grand?

And now, with iOS5 coming? Oh, the excitement of new stuff.... :D

Marilyn

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried that...tap on each photo then hit delete....nothing happens??.....is there something like an admin permission that locks/unlocks actions?, thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - not that I know of. It works for me. Have you got any restrictions set in 'Settings' though?

Tim

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've tried that...tap on each photo then hit delete....nothing happens??.....is there something like an admin permission that locks/unlocks actions?, thanks.

You need to hit the delete all option if you have selected multiple images. Not got my ipad on me at the moment to confirm.

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - not that I know of. It works for me. Have you got any restrictions set in 'Settings' though?

Tim

thats the first thing I checked...have not really seen anything that would restrict access/actions in any way....

Most reactions

Latest posts