What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create an iPadForums.net icon & shortcut on your iPad

marioG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Step 1
Launch the Safari Web browser app on your iPad.

Step 2
Navigate to a iPadForums.net.

Step 3
Tap the "Export" button next to the address bar, which is identified by an icon of a box with an arrow pointing to the right.

Step 4
Tap the "Add to Home Screen" button.

Step 5
Type in "iPadForums". This will appear beneath the icon on the Home screen, then tap the "Add" button.

45057-156af38bc02683be829f0eba9113af2e.jpg

marioG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what does the export button look like?
I have a square with an up arrow on the left, pointing up, not to the right.
& an icon that looks like an open book and one that looks like a cloud and one that looks like
a + cross on the right.
Please don't asume, I've had my Ipad only just for one day!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's the square with the up arrow. It used to be curved to the right in iOS 6. The Add To Home Screen icon is one of the black and white icons.

AddToHomeScreen.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And just for the heck of it:

The book icon gives you access to your bookmarks, reading list, and history.

The cloud icon is for seeing open tabs in the Safari browser on your other computers and devices. It can be a bit slow to sync, and I'm not sure if it will work with a Windows computer.

The + icon is for creating a new empty tab. It will show you icons for your favorite bookmarks as a convenience. If you hold it down it will show you a list of recently closed tabs.

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm confused. Every time I go to log in - it doesnt like my password, when I click on the link Create an icon for iPadForums.net - suddenly I am on line :( I can't work it out.
I had some information given me elsewhere twerppoet about how to delete the icon for the new iPadForum site, and then Marilyn (I think) mentioned something about apps. Well apps is a foreign word to me. Even if I found a suitable icon, I don't know how to "save" (which is ridiculous as I am quite competent on a desktop. Could I have step by step instructions again please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You delete a shortcut from the Home screen the same way you delete apps. Tap and hold until they start to jiggle, then tap the x in the corner to delete them. Press the Home button to stop the jiggling.

The step-by-step instructions are in the first post of this thread. Just go to the top or bottom of the page and choose the first page. The only mistake is where it says the icon arrow goes to the right. It actually points straight up. There are additional screenshots throughout the thread to give more detailed instructions on where to find the icon and option.

Or, this link should take you to the first post: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/how-to-create-an-ipadforums-net-icon-shortcut-on-your-ipad.122270/

I recommend you navigate to the Home page of the forum before trying to create the shortcut. It's possible the sub-pages won't supply the pretty icon.

Also, make sure you are not in Safari's Private Browsing mode (dark URL and icon bar at the top).

Last edited:

Most reactions