What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Create a New Group in Contacts

Halmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can create a new group under Contacts? And if I manage to create one, do you think I can sync it with Gmail's equivalent contact group?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The stock iPad Contacts app can't do this. You need a third-party app, such as MailShot, for this. Most Members recommend it. There's a free 'lite' version (limited group size), so you can try it without risk.

Tim

OP
H

Halmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"This lite version of MailShot allows you to try it out for free with 3 groups of up to 5 people in each. A simple upgrade will unlock the ability to create up to 50 different groups, each of which can contain over 50 people (the maximum depends on your ISP). A "Pro" version of MailShot is also available, which is the same app already upgraded."

Is this a joke! 5 people or 30 people! I need to create a group with at least 1000+ "contact" information, not just e-mail. Am I missing something? I'm coming from the PC world and just trying to restore some sanity on my mother's iPad. And frankly, so far, Apple has disappointed me to no end. A default contact app installed on every iPad doesn't even have the basic functionality.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Pro version of MailShot is unlimited - as long as your email service provider will accept a group that large.

The 'lite' version was simply as a free 'sampler'

Tim

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See my post I just put in the iPad General Discussion. Not sure it will work with the number you need, but worth a shot. No special app required. Just never tried it with the number of contacts you are talking about. I just posted it. It is a work around that works with my short list of similar interest groups.

Most reactions

Latest posts