What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making group contacts ???

saradan60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would like to put. Several contacts into a group, how do I make a group contact ....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not possible to create Groups on the iPad. They have to be created with the service you are syncing with, and most services won't sync groups.

As far as I know you can only have/create groups if you sync with iCloud (iOS 5 only) or the old MobileMe service. You create the new groups via a desktop web browser at icloud.com for iCloud or me.com for MobileMe. Note, new MobileMe accounts are no longer possible.

If there are any other account types that can sync groups, I'd be happy to know of them. I have Yahoo, GMail, and iCloud. Neither Yahoo nor GMail (default or Exchange setup) can sync groups.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of people on this forum - including me - have had success with the app Mail Shot, which is free in the App Store (for five member groups; $3.99 for unlimited members in groups). The app creates groups that go into your contacts that you can easily access from you e-mail. I am sure there are others, but I find this to be a great help. Good luck.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
S

saradan60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To both members I thank you for your reply

It was helpful

Most reactions

Latest posts