What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to convert vob files to mp4 for itunes

yogeshj75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am just trying to find the right application to convert vob video files to mp4 format so I can play movies on my all the devices. Kindly help ? Appreciate
Yogi

OP
yogeshj75

yogeshj75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jolie11 said:
You could get video conversion tools like Handbrake or video converter to your computer, and convert the vob video files to iTunes MP4, then sync to your iPad.
As I know, there is not a app can convert vob directly on the iPad.

Thnx Jolie .. Am not able to find the right video converter yet on my mac. May be I will try handbrake..

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can try download app vlc (free) to all your media and playback the vob with it without need to convert just transfer via itunes unless you want to compress the video into smaller size then its different story but vlc for me is the best player nowadays :thumbs:

OP
yogeshj75

yogeshj75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrcupu said:
you can try download app vlc (free) to all your media and playback the vob with it without need to convert just transfer via itunes unless you want to compress the video into smaller size then its different story but vlc for me is the best player nowadays :thumbs:

Thanks a lot buddy for the information. But now vlc has been removed from ipad App Store . I have vlc on my MacBook though so how do I now transfer to my ipad without my ipad having vlc ? Can it be possible ?

Thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it's not possible. VLC disappeared from the App Store months ago. It doesn't work anything like the PC version, and never made it past its first iteration before it was pulled. Videolan pulled it after a disagreement with Apple over open source software, and the differing points of view on the subject.

OP
yogeshj75

yogeshj75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
No, it's not possible. VLC disappeared from the App Store months ago. It doesn't work anything like the PC version, and never made it past its first iteration before it was pulled. Videolan pulled it after a disagreement with Apple over open source software, and the differing points of view on the subject.

Thanks for the info. So now what shud I do to convert vob files n get them into iTunes ?

Most reactions

Latest posts