What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to connect without 3G?

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad2 several months ago; having never used the 3G with my iPad1, I didn't see the need to get it with my 2.

Now I am finding myself away for a few days where there is no WiFi available. Is there a way to connect? I know a few providers offer hot spot devices, I don't want to do a contract.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some carriers that offer monthly data plans. You buy their device and prepaid when you need it.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad2 several months ago; having never used the 3G with my iPad1, I didn't see the need to get it with my 2.

Now I am finding myself away for a few days where there is no WiFi available. Is there a way to connect? I know a few providers offer hot spot devices, I don't want to do a contract.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

U got a smartphone? if so what kind?

OP
tawcat

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No smartphone, otherwise I could tether. Just purchased a Virgin Mobile Hot Spot. Can buy data when I need it. Once I've used it I'll post a review.

Most reactions

Latest posts