What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to connect Internet for IPad 4 Retina

voisim001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased a IPad 4 Retina.

My IPad does not have a Sim slot and I need to connect it to Internet from my IPhone 4.

Can someone help me with the solution as without Internet connection my IPad will be not much of use.

Ajay

Edited by Moderator - no email addresses, please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
An iPad without cellular runs on WiFi. If you don't have WiFi at home, I'm sure there are public connections (libraries, local eateries, etc.)? Do you have Internet access at home? If yes, you can buy a wireless router and set it up so your iPad can access the Internet.

To connect the iPad to your phone - have you contacted your provider to set up a plan where you can make the phone a hotspot? Or, if you have a plan and making a connection is just not working for you, can you tell us what is or is not happening? If you tell us how you are trying to connect the two devices, we might be able to help.

Marilyn

P.S. I have removed your e-mail address from your post as that is not allowed per this forum's rules. Thanks for your understanding.

Morgan7600

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I live on top of a hill with great reception. I want to dump my land line DSL Internet system and use my 3G Apple iPhone to connect with a laptop or iPad.
This would save me a lot of $$$ each month and I hate the land line. Just incoming robo call trash and a big bill each month!

I am not versed in this stuff but heard about "tethering?" I can get on line easily with my iPhone but obviously need a bigger screen to do eBay etc.
Do I tether and if so, do I need to tell my ATT cell service for some reason??? Do I need a "dongle"? Any help appreciated, Morgan in San Diego

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not versed in this stuff but heard about "tethering?" I can get on line easily with my iPhone but obviously need a bigger screen to do eBay etc.
Do I tether and if so, do I need to tell my ATT cell service for some reason??? Do I need a "dongle"? Any help appreciated, Morgan in San Diego

Hi, welcome to iPF!

To use your iPhone as personal hotspot for your iPad (tethering), you have to think of this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574

You won't need a dongle. Just make sure this feature is supported by your carrier/data plan, and you meet all the other requirements as well.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts