What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to clean iPad screen

Anthony Lewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone as a new member I have little problem I would like some help with please.
Here goes I recently took the protective film off my I-Pad and cannot get the screen clean now it’s as if the screen film adhesive as some how got into the screen is there anything I can use to clean the screen without harming it in any way. Thanks in advance for any help. PS the screen protector came from Apple with the I- Pad.

Last edited:

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could be sticky residue,I clean mine with a good microfibre cloth and glass cleaner,don’t spray onto the screen spray onto the cloth,buff up with a clean microfibre,hope it helps.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If that doesn’t help a little WD40 on a cloth should get it off then clean the screen as above.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi everyone as a new member I have little problem I would like some help with please.
Here goes I recently took the protective film off my I-Pad and cannot get the screen clean now it’s as if the screen film adhesive as some how got into the screen is there anything I can use to clean the screen without harming it in any way. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) If possible, please provide the name/brand of your screen protector - others may have the same issue and can either offer a possible solution or be helped by the posts.

In general, a soft lint-free or microfiber cloth should be used, possibly damped slightly with water - window cleaners, solvents and other such agents are not recommended by Apple - their suggestion quoted below (LINK). For myself, I usually use a microfiber cloth dampened minimally w/ water, if the latter is needed.

Now there are a number of 'liquid' products available for advertised cleaning computer/hand device screens - the current one that I use can be purchased at Amazon - this is not an endorsement nor am I affiliated w/ this company; if interested, read the comments there - and remember, spray just a little on the cloth and never spray liquid directly on the glass screen. Dave

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.32.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.31.27 AM.png

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about what Apple recommend I’ve used household glass cleaner on 3 IPads over about 8 years and never had a problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about what Apple recommend I’ve used household glass cleaner on 3 IPads over about 8 years and never had a problem.

Well, nothing wrong with living dangerously - ;):D

But for those considering this option, make sure that only a small amount is sprayed onto the appropriate cloth, as already described; also some of these household cleaners contained ingredients, such as ammonia, that may damage the oleophobic coating on the iDevice's display - if the latter does occur, iFixit has a simple guide to rebuild the coating. Dave :)

think different 3.jpg

John Petrie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i find spectacle wipes work fine, if they are good enough for delicate lenses i would imagine they must be alright for the ipad screen. Been using them for years without any adverse affect.

Most reactions

Latest posts