What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to check the ipad IMEI

brave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't obtain any infos on the website when I check my ipad IMEI on the offical apple website.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't obtain any infos on the website when I check my ipad IMEI on the offical apple website.
If you go into Settings>General>About and scroll down a bit you should get your iPad's IMEI number
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436951323.976128.jpg

But I'm not clear on what you were looking for on the web site, perhaps due to my ignorance about it ;)
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

brave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go into Settings>General>About and scroll down a bit you should get your iPad's IMEI number
View attachment 66147
Regards, Andrew

Yes, I can find the IMEI number from my ipad. But, I confuse that I can't gain the infos about my ipad when I check the numbers on the apple official website. So I fear that I may buy a renovated ipad...

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I can find the IMEI number from my ipad. But, I confuse that I can't gain the infos about my ipad when I check the numbers on the apple official website. So I fear that I may buy a renovated ipad...
OK, now a bit clearer, although it always helps if fuller info is provided such as iPad model, the iOS version and how/where you purchased it. Anyway, my understanding is that there are several indicators that may help. If you go to the Model Number the first letter is an indication. If it's "F" it's refurbished (don't ask why it's not "R":))
If it's "M" it's normal (well M is close to N;))....If you look at the screen shot of my iPad above you can see the Model Number starts with "M" so I know it was a new one.
The original packaging may be a hint. Original iPad packaging shows a picture of the actual iPad on the box but a refurbished one comes in a white box with just the iPad logo on it and (I think) is stated to be refurbished on the box.
If still not clear, call Apple or visit your local store. Give them the serial number and they'll tell ya.
Any refurbished iPad has been fully tested, any bad parts replaced, and carries an as new iPad 12 month warranty which should relieve your mind somewhat.
Hope that helps
Andrew

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts