What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change safari homepage

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the homepage in safari? I want to have Google as my homepage instead of the safari screen with the book marks. I have an iPad air on 8.1 thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not possible. As soon as you remove all favorites, the Safari homepage will be blank, with just address/search bar and the icons at the top.

Last edited:

Al Walters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does one go about removing the sidebar on the Safari page? I've double clicked on the book icon and that didn't work. The sidebar takes up nearly half the page.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was clicking on the wrong book icon.
I'm glad you found out what was wrong.

Just wondering:
In Safari, there's only one book icon, here:
image.png

Where did you click?

Al Walters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There were 2 on my iPad Air. One of them (the one I kept clicking on) is blue and is on the same line of the Safari sidebar as the eye glasses and one other icon. The other book icon is clear (but outlined in blue), which is the book icon you have referenced.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You've both probably figured this out by now, but for anyone else who may be confused:

With the sidebar open, there are two book icons. The one that turns the sidebar off is the one at the very top left of the screen. The one that is in the sidebar itself is the bookmarks tab. The glasses are for the reading list, and the @ tab is for links in your Twitter, FaceBook, and other supported social networks.

image.jpeg

Al Walters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Twerppoet. I didn't think I was imagining 2 different open book icons. Yes, I was clicking on the "bookmark" tab instead of the icon located above the screen. My bad.

Most reactions

Latest posts