What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change Apple ID on ipad?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for fun, in iTunes go to the STORE tab and click on "Check for available downloads... I have found that sometimes when I try to update thru iTunes, it says I have updates but won't download them. Clicked on "Check for available downloads... and it downloaded them.

Okay. I went into iTunes and on the bottom right, there is a tab, Downloads. Doesn't say "check for available ....".

But I clicked on it and it is a blank page, with Terms and Agreements, which takes me to all the countries.

iTunes is so not playing well with me today.:(

Do YOU have a Plan B?:D

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So did you just change your Apple ID name or did you start a whole new account? Because wouldn't the old apps be tied to your old account since that's the account that purchased it so therefore it would need your old account ID and password to update it? I've never changed names so I'm just throwing that out there.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Top left in iTunes where it says File...........STORE click on STORE, it's the bottom option "Check for Available Downloads".

I believe Apple is closed for the Holidays.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it and just did that again. It says I am all up to date.:( I just authorized this computer too, synced iPad again.

Even in Settings on iPad my new ID/email is there! It is every where!

Except when I go to update my apps which now there are 11 updates!! ~ the old ID appears.

This is ridiculous.

I was thinking that Apple is closed too....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update.

I can purchase on iPad from iTunes with new ID. So that's good. But I now have 11 updates I can't update.

I will have to wait until Apple opens, hopefully Monday.

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update.

I can purchase on iPad from iTunes with new ID. So that's good. But I now have 11 updates I can't update.

I will have to wait until Apple opens, hopefully Monday.

I had the same issue,but mine related to my company iPad where our IT guy had downloaded certain apps under his id when he set the iPad up for me. The short story is that you should delete the app and reinstall under your id. if the apps were not free, and that is an issue for you, let me know how your call goes.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The short story is that you should delete the app and reinstall under your id. if the apps were not free, and that is an issue for you, let me know how your call goes.

So I should delete the 12, now, apps that all need updates? And reinstall them under my new ID?

Every time an app needs to be updated, delete it? And reinstall?

I should test it and see if I would have to pay again under the new ID. At least this is a suggestion and I thank you!

But how is that going to get rid of my old ID on the ipad.....when asking for updates?

I think I am confusing myself.:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
delete the app and reinstall under your id. .

Well that didn't do anything. I just went back into the app store the ones I have all stated "installed" so just reinstalled them.

Still can't update though, as my Old ID is there:(

Good suggestion though!! Thank you!

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
delete the app and reinstall under your id. .

Well that didn't do anything. I just went back into the app store the ones I have all stated "installed" so just reinstalled them.

Still can't update though, as my Old ID is there:(

Good suggestion though!! Thank you!

Wow, sorry that did not help. In my situation the ID "followed" the app it was originally installed under regarding updates. Let us know how you make out.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know how you make out.

Well ~

Let us just say first I am not crazy. I really did have this problem! I just got up and turned on my iPad and the App button does not have the red number 12 on it any more.

So I tapped it and it states all apps are up to date! WTF? What happened to all my updates that wouldn't update?

I am confused. The only explanation is that it took 24-48-72 hours to update my new ID in that one little box for updating?

I need a drink. A Christmas Drink.:D

Thank You and everyone else that didn't help! JUST KIDDING!!:p:D

I can't wait to see what ID is there when the next update pops up.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a drink. A Christmas Drink.:D
Maybe now that Santa is all done delivering gifts, the two of you can share a drink together!

santa_beer.jpg

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, Scott! Today is the first Christmas ever since the kids were 5, we did not go to a movie. But that is okay, man, I have 10,000 of them here!!

And I have watched every single one.

Most reactions

Latest posts