What's new

How to block porn from my ipad.

Thanks. It looks like that is the way to go. I have checked the Internet and everywhere I go, it says the same thing. Too bad Safari can't block. It would be so much easier.
 
I don't understand what the problem is. I don't have problems with porn on my iPad.
 
I don't understand what the problem is. I don't have problems with porn on my iPad.

Same here to the OP - what exactly is the problem? Is it a browser problem, email spam, both, or other issues? Please explain - :)
 
A friend of mine had trouble with being tempted to look at porn on his iPhone. He had me install the K9 browser for him, disable Safari in Restrictions and had me set the Passcode so that he did not know it. That way, he could not jump in and re-enable Safari. I recall he also wanted me to disable App Purchases so he didn't try to buy another browser.
 
Here's an option...

I think you're looking for an iPad management service like PageClean.com

Basically, they act as the filter for content that goes to your iPad. Companies that give their employees tables will usually have their IT department act as the "administrator" for the device, but if you don't have your own IT dept, a service like this will basically do that for you.

It's a different approach than installing an app, because it sits on the actual network layer. So you can still use whatever browser you want (Safari probably) and get the benefit of the filter.

The other biggeest difference is that the filter can be locked in place with a passcode. (and you can have them tell you the passcode.. or not if you don't want them to). It's a completely different part of the iOS api that apps can't usually access, because it's meant for corporations to manage their devices.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom