What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How popular? A guess

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moderate college town of 45,000. When I got my iPad, I asked FedEx if they had gotten a lot of iPads today. They indicated they got over 200. They do not handle all of the deliveries from FedEx, only certain ones. So there is a chance that the other FedEx location may make deliveries too. It is also a likelyhood that UPS was given an equal share of the load. With two large WM Supercenters, Best Buy, large AT&T and Verizon stores, Radio Shack, etc, I do not think it unlikely that roughly 1000 iPads will find homes today.

Considering human nature, and other factors, I find this a very positive indicator of sales. Roughly having about 2% of the population buying a new item is huge. Of course, being a college town with over 20,000 students skews the numbers, but I do thik there is a chance that Apple will set a new sales record today.

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I work at a College in Albany where high tech is the name of the game. Just saw two people walking from our shipping dock with around 15 conspicuously shaped boxes.......

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went by Best Buy to look at smart covers. No crowds, or buyers. They had a sign saying they were giving out tickets two hours before the store open. I asked if they were sold out, and they said they still decent stock left. They also said they had considerably more than 5 of each initially.

Most reactions

Latest posts