What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How pervasive are the iPad 3 WiFi problems?

Curt Monash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people have complained that their iPad 3 WiFi signals are much weaker than those from the iPad or iPad 2. This seems to be especially true for WiFi-only models, but also an issue for at least some LTE iPads. What I'm trying to figure out is -- are these many bad iPads a small fraction of the total? A large one? So I'm asking -- are there lots of people out there with iPad 3s who have WiFi at least as good as on early iPads? Thanks!

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WiFi on my WiFi only iPad 3 is working just fine for me. No issues here.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the LTE model, but it is fine.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works well on Wi-fi and I have the 4G-LTE version. I haven't noticed any difference from my 2.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost every time Apple has introduced a new iPad, there has been a small segment that experienced wifi problems. As far I know, all issues have been resolved by minor software updates.

UABlazin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how pervasive the issues are but I had trouble.

First iPad I had was 16GB version. It would show I was always connected to my network but would randomly tell me I wan't connected to the internet. Turning it off and back on would reconnect me but only for a few minutes. I took it back to Apple to trade and they were out of 16GB models. I paid the extra 100 bucks to get a 32GB and it had the exact same issue. I just got a refund and decided to wait a few days before I decide whether or not to get an iPad 2 or an Android tablet.

My wi-fi works fine with my roomies iPad 2, our computers, and our phones.

frankiom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad3 wifi -3g version. I have no problems with any wifi signal. Though i do think the 3g version has historically been better due to the antenna difference on the case.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wifi is fine but I've had a problem with 3G & frequently ave to reset

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To start with from day one when i bought this ipad i had 3g problems, now since the software update i now have wifi problems constantly, where i have full wifi signal then for no reason the internet will stop working, i know its not my wifi as i have an ipad 2 which works fine, to be honest i feel like slinging this new ipad out my bedroom window its been problems since day, i have apple care phoning me tomorrow, im going to ask them if i can replace this rubbish new ipad for an ipad 2

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To start with from day one when i bought this ipad i had 3g problems, now since the software update i now have wifi problems constantly, where i have full wifi signal then for no reason the internet will stop working, i know its not my wifi as i have an ipad 2 which works fine, to be honest i feel like slinging this new ipad out my bedroom window its been problems since day, i have apple care phoning me tomorrow, im going to ask them if i can replace this rubbish new ipad for an ipad 2

Did you try a new iPad 3? Since I and many others have no problems, how do you know that the problem is not just YOUR particular iPad?

OP
C

Curt Monash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I wish there were some way of doing a statistically significant poll before I decide whether or not to buy an iPad 3 (which would be my first iPad)! :) It would probably get its heaviest use at a spot in the house where my iPhone 3GS can't decide if it has 2 bars or 3, so any connection strength problem beyond that would make me said.

Last edited:

Plan B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was unaware of any WIFI problems.

DSL works fine when I'm at home; LTE works everywhere else.

Most reactions

Latest posts