What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many Ipads does your household own?

How many iPads does your household own?

• Total voters

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only one in this household of two adults, two teenagers. My sole property of course. Unless youngest doesn't nab it for playing with her game apps that suddenly appear via the cloud.
I thought 5 was a lot.
I remember one member saying they had 7 when I first joined!

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have an iPad 1 and 2. My husband has an iPad 1, which I got for him. He uses it only to stream podcasts and such while cooking. He's not much interested in it otherwise. I checked yesterday and he had 50+ apps that needed updating, apps I put on there and he never uses.

He's a dedicated PC guy and fumbles around every time I ask him to look up anything on an iPad while we're on the go. Hopeless, lol. His cell phone belongs in a cell phone museum, too.

Do you use both of yours?

fgodek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 is the only iPad in the house but it gets used by everyone except my except me wife. She's pretty technophobic. Not quite a Luddite but close. Anyway, my 4 and 9 year-olds are always on it. My 14 year-old will use it when we're out but tends to use her notebook more at home. My 17 year-old doesn't like the closed nature of the device. He jail broke his iPod Touch very shortly after he got it and he rooted his Android phone. He feels that he has a lot more flexibility and functionality with Android than with iOS.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you use both of yours?

I often use them both at the same time; I'll stream Netflix on one while I surf the Web on the other. I also use one while the other's charging. I want a third, because when I'm charging one, I have to choose between surfing or watching a movie, in which case I just read a book.

Having two means I always have one nearly fully charged. So I can grab one or the other on my way out. I just switch my SIM card to the one I'm taking.

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Your brother has 5!! What on earth does he do with them all

He collects them. One is in his truck as his deck, he got it custom built for lots of momey. Another he keeps at work on his desk and the other 3 are at home in his room. He uses one and the other two are sitting inside picture frames on his wall.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one in our house... MINE. Daughter has an iPod though. I think all children should have an iPad in school from the age of five. In fact, I may start a campaign.:)

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
Just one in our house... MINE. Daughter has an iPod though. I think all children should have an iPad in school from the age of five. In fact, I may start a campaign.:)

My son was having a lot of problems in first grade last year. There was even talk of holding him back. My husband and I used the iPad regularly for reading and math. By the end of the year the teacher said his progress was amazing and to keep doing whatever we were doing. This year, he is AHEAD of most of the kids in his class. I love my iPad for games and fun but it also serves as an amazing tool for children, with the touch of your fingertips you can add or change their learning.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have one iPad 1. My wife has offered to get me the iPad2 for Christmas, but I might ask her to hold off for the iPad3... not sure if I can resist though... :)

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tdmsu said:
We have one iPad 1. My wife has offered to get me the iPad2 for Christmas, but I might ask her to hold off for the iPad3... not sure if I can resist though... :)

I feel the same way! Buy be now AND one later!!!

jnoslop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're a two person household with 2 iPads. I held out for the iPad 2. It has turned into a third arm. It would take quite a tussle to wrestle it from me, so the iPad 3 would have to be extraordinary.

Most reactions

Latest posts