What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many GB is your iPad?

How many GB is your iPad

• 16GB

Votes: 126 30.7%
  • 32GB

Votes: 130 31.6%
  • 64GB

Votes: 155 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
Depending on its primary usage, a 16GB is good enough for browsing, email, and it's useful preloaded apps. I don't think those young ones at heart ( 60 years young ) will be needing those other applications. Second, for pre-school, sounds obvious. That is why iPad was created with 6 variants per generation. Correct?

Agree!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on its primary usage, a 16GB is good enough for browsing, email, and it's useful preloaded apps. I don't think those young ones at heart ( 60 years young ) will be needing those other applications. Second, for pre-school, sounds obvious. That is why iPad was created with 6 variants per generation. Correct?

Seems ageist to assume that people over 60 will be using few apps. Seniors are among the fastest-growing tech demographic, and they are big users of iPad. I don't see myself dropping off app use as I age, either. If anything, I'd expect to have more iPad time if I were retired.

Personally, I would limit preschoolers' exposure to iPad, so I wouldn't buy storage with them in mind. Kids need to learn attention span starting at a young age, and my family prefers books and playtime for my nephews and niece, rather than much electronic exposure. My brother's family has iPad, iPhone and iPod, and the kids are rarely allowed near them. They have plenty of books, building blocks and educational toys, though.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Seems ageist to assume that people over 60 will be using few apps. Seniors are among the fastest-growing tech demographic, and they are big users of iPad. I don't see myself dropping off app use as I age, either. If anything, I'd expect to have more iPad time if I were retired.

Personally, I would limit preschoolers' exposure to iPad, so I wouldn't buy storage with them in mind. Kids need to learn attention span starting at a young age, and my family prefers books and playtime for my nephews and niece, rather than much electronic exposure. My brother's family has iPad, iPhone and iPod, and the kids are rarely allowed near them. They have plenty of books, building blocks and educational toys, though.

I stand corrected regarding seniors citizens. I don't have any intentions to discriminate but upon reading your reply, I did sound that way. Sorry for that.

iPads da bomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't stand a 16gb iPad, so I got the 32gb one, plus I have a 32gb iPod touch 4th gen. I used to have an 8gb iPod touch and it used to drive me crazy with the little amount of space on it.

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 3, 64 GB Black, Wi-fi only! Suits me nicely!

Last edited:

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why android fans hate apple, saying the iPad can't do business and school work, I can do anything on my iPad 3 that I can do on my laptop, I mean you can use cloud on app for all office docs, you can print with AirPrint, I do all my college homework and all my business stuff with my iPad. Sorry that's off this subject. I have a iPad 3 64 gb 4g LTE

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why android fans hate apple, saying the iPad can't do business and school work, I can do anything on my iPad 3 that I can do on my laptop, I mean you can use cloud on app for all office docs, you can print with AirPrint, I do all my college homework and all my business stuff with my iPad. Sorry that's off this subject. I have a iPad 3 64 gb 4g LTE

good call on the ipad 64GB LTE+ wifi thats what I got as well. well I am sure they have their reasons but i like both android and ios

iPads da bomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ericwalker425 said:

The only thing that I can think of why an android device is better is probably flash.

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand is all about customisation but I have both android and iOS..

I wish the iPad had 128gb model as 64 is not enough but I am glad I got lte and wifi

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads da bomb said:
The only thing that I can think of why an android device is better is probably flash.

flash is old news, remember jellybean does not have flash so that not the problem, I have both a Ipad and a acerA500 tablet and i can tell you the quality of the screen and the support for apple is next to none i cant go one day with out my ipad for college work email and games

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my 64 gb new ipad (ipad 3) LTE is great i use about 20 gb for app music and movies i also have all my music and movies in icloud. I can do all my college work with apps like cloud on with is a great for Microsoft office and its works really good i also have dropbox,google drive, box, skydrive and everynote, so i have enough cloud storage for all my work. i use a invoice app for my business which is great.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads da bomb said:

Android 4 (ICS) does not support flash anymore. Apple wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts