What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many GB is your iPad?

How many GB is your iPad

• 16GB

Votes: 126 30.7%
  • 32GB

Votes: 130 31.6%
  • 64GB

Votes: 155 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you day so. Sorry you can't see the distinction.

Lol. The distinction between GBs on any mobile device is how much can you take with you or easily access while mobile -- not how much you can keep on your desktop.

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Lol. The distinction between GBs on any mobile device is how much can you take with you or easily access while mobile -- not how much you can keep on your desktop.

Guess you'll be needing another iPad then. ;^)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It depends, of course, on how you use your device.

Big-time gamers will run out of space very quickly on the 16 GB iPad. Off-line storage doesn't help very much when you lose all your game progress whenever you delete the app. When I had my 16 GB iPad, I had to keep an eye on how many games I downloaded,

Worse, some of my educational and reference apps were so large that I ended up deleting them off the iPad and just using them on the iPhone.

Documents and pictures aren't the only thing to go on an iPad, and many of those things don't store off-line very well.

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64gb wifi plus lte but I would get what ever is the highest amount of space 128gb would be nice on my iPhone 32 is not enough so on the iPad 64 ends up being not enough

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64gb 4g LTE iPad is not enough for all my music apps and videos

Last edited:

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offense to those with the 16 GB iPad but why would you want an iPad that can only store 16 GB? Seriously. I have an iPad 3 with 64 GB. I have used up 10 GB in 3 days. 16GB is iPod Touch/iPhone level not iPad level.
(P.S. If you can't afford an iPad with more storage then dis-regard this post)

Funny you say that ashen I was at the apple storethestaff was asking if I was sure if I wanted the 64gb model and not the 16 I then went onto saying how I would get. 128gb model if they had one but she could not work out why I needed that much space and wondered what i will use it for but in the first ten minutes of having it I used to 30 gb mainly because of my iPhone transfers but I can see 64gb not being enough. But I bet a lot of people only use it for small documents or not even that and just easier web surfing or fausly think it will be enough or a matter of not having enoug cash to go for the larger model

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offense to those with the 16 GB iPad but why would you want an iPad that can only store 16 GB? Seriously. I have an iPad 3 with 64 GB. I have used up 10 GB in 3 days. 16GB is iPod Touch/iPhone level not iPad level.
(P.S. If you can't afford an iPad with more storage then dis-regard this post)

I'm with you. I wouldn't even want a 16GB iPod touch, lol. Both my iPads, my iPhone and touch are all 64GBs.

When I got an iPad 2, I thought I might make do with 16GBs because I already had a 64GB iPad 1 and 64GB touch. So I bought a 16 GB iPad 2 and started loading it up. It took about 10 minutes of doing that before I decided to return it and get a 64GB one instead. And that was before apps started getting so much bigger because of the retina screen.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on its primary usage, a 16GB is good enough for browsing, email, and it's useful preloaded apps. I don't think those young ones at heart ( 60 years young ) will be needing those other applications. Second, for pre-school, sounds obvious. That is why iPad was created with 6 variants per generation. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts