What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long does it take apple to charge for purchasing apps?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm currently using an American express gift card to buy my apps. I bought the iLife apps and a few others about 3 or 4 days ago. I go to check my balance on the website, but there is still only a 1$ charge from apple (this is normally done to signify the purchase went through, but the amount is changed later). Anyway, this only 1$ charge has been there for a while, and I don't want to buy more apps because I don't know my actual balance. Does anyone know how long it will be before the right amount is reflected in the account? How long does it usually take after purchasing the apps to receive a receipt from iTunes confirming the purchase? ( I have not yet received a receipt for my recent purchases)

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iTunes account is tied to a MasterCard but I usually use iTunes gift cards and I get an email receipt within two days of buying the app, music or whatever from iTunes.

I have Apple TV setup to use my wife's iTunes account which is also tied to a MasterCard. Charges usually show up with two days of purchase. Three days on rare occasion.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So my problem is most likely at the American express end rather than apple. Thanks for your help!

parmacrafter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can ditto that. Mine were taking anywhere from 3 to 7 days as well. This became rather frustrating so now I purchase iTunes gift cards. The gift cards are redeemed into my iTunes account and each purchase is immediately taken from my balance. It's much easier to control that way.

Most reactions

Latest posts