What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how is the google ipad?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are reviews posted if you Google it. Cheap iPad knockoffs often suffer from terrible build quality.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A piece of crap CPU, barely any RAM, 2GB built in data, and the oldest Android OS presently still out there...1.5.

A giant piece of dog crap.

You get what you pay for.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No specs, speculation, and ugly. Another failure...just watch.

Smith360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clones are just cheap. It will run slow and you will not be able to view webpages like on the iPad

OP
S

steven1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
http://www.lunarsources.com/computers/50-7-irobot-google-android-15-wifi-apad-tablet.html
I find an ipad clone that using google android system, does anyone use it before, how is it, is it fast? i only want it to use the internet and watch movies..

thanks in advance~

Thanks all for your information. I google it and find many on ebay. I decide to try this, I think for read web pages and watch movies, it'll be fine. Anyway the worth the price~~

thanks again!:)

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of tablets coming out, but I don't think the majority of them are well built as they rushed the production of them to be available at a similar time as the iPad.

Hope you don't mind me saying what they are, since this is an iPad forum. I have looked at them all, and picked the iPad over them all. These are from a magazine feature called iPad vs The world.

Fusion Garage JooJoo - Linux OS - £320
Archos 9 PCtablet - Windows 7 - £410
ExoPC Slate - Windows 7 - $600
Pegatron Slate - Windows 7 - $tba
MSI WIndPad 100 - Windows 7 - $500
Asus Eee Pad EP121 - Windows 7 - $tba

I doubt these are good, as these OS are not built specifically for touch. Plus. a tablet shouldn't be a laptop replacement IMO. I think Nokia and Intel are building a tablet OS, not sure though.

Android tablets are

Dell Streak
Aigo N700
Google Android Tablet
MSI WindPad 110
ICD Gemeni
ICD Vega

If it is inappropriate for me to post other tablets, just say and I'll delete.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey this iRobot 7" Google Android looks sweet , it may not compare in specs to the iPad but still,

It's got micro sd slot as well as USB Jack!

Battery is half of what the iPad is but still

This thing is only 130 bucks, maybe cheaper on ebay !

I still happy with the iPad, but for those who can't afford iPad then this is what they can and proll will buy!

I'm still waiting for one that is actually made by google tho..

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of tablets coming out that are going to compete fairly with the iPad. The MSI Windpad 110 is one that looks rather nice, running android. The draw of these other devices will be that they will be "free" as opposed to the iPad which has Apple's boot on its neck. They will be able to stream videos over your network shares without running a server. They will have expandable storage and will probably have the internal storage upgradeable. They will have much more memory than the iPad. They almost all have HDMI out and most can play 1080P video. All of them can run widgets and will have a customizable OS, instead of pages of apps like the iPad.

That said, none will be as fluid or well built as the iPad, or have battery life like the iPad.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen numerous posts on many sites regarding Android tablets but I have yet to see one being sold in the U.S.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with this new Droid just issued for my work phone, not even close to an iPhone op so with all due respect,,,, Google phone op sucks... JMO

Most reactions