What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you cancel iPad magazine subscriptions (1 year)?

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com
I subscribed to the Popular Mechanics and wished to cancel my one year subscription so I could subscribe to Wired instead. I wanted to cancel it but I can't see any option in the iTunes. Should I contact the Popular Mechanics? or is it Apple that I should contact?

If you're asking why I want to cancel, it's because Popular Mechanics seems to be degrading in quality and I don't get any response on my questions. Their magazine is basically crap on the iPad because it lacks the Wired magazine's design.

AJTaliesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it's in the the main settings app, there should be a place to manage subscriptions. Probably wouldn't hurt to contact popular mechanics as well.

Also, if you like magazines and haven't downloaded flipboard app yet, do so. Right now, before doing anything else. You'll thank me later.

OP
K

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com
I believe it's in the the main settings app, there should be a place to manage subscriptions. Probably wouldn't hurt to contact popular mechanics as well.

Also, if you like magazines and haven't downloaded flipboard app yet, do so. Right now, before doing anything else. You'll thank me later.

I already had Flipboard and it is awesome! Thanks for the response. Popular Mechanics does not reply to emails so I'll probably call them.

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AJTaliesen!!! Thanks so much for the tip to kenjigraphics about Flipboard. I had no idea how incredible an app it is (heard about it but hadn't tried it). Per your instruction to Kenji, I downloaded it right away and.....WOW!!!! So awesome and probably my VERY FAVORITE app right now!

Thanks for mentioning it.

Maggie

Goober

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holy crap! How did I not know about Flipboard before?!?! Awesome recommendation! Thank you!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open iTunes on the computer and go to your account settings. You can do this by clicking on your Apple ID at the top right of the title bar, or using the Store menu. Once there you will see an option to Manage your subscriptions in the Settings section.

I see my old Daily subscription there, even though I no longer use it. It just offers me the option to subscribe again.

Each magazine app should also give you the option to close your subscription, either in a settings menu in the app itself, or in the Settings app.

OP
K

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com
Open iTunes on the computer and go to your account settings. You can do this by clicking on your Apple ID at the top right of the title bar, or using the Store menu. Once there you will see an option to Manage your subscriptions in the Settings section.

I see my old Daily subscription there, even though I no longer use it. It just offers me the option to subscribe again.

Each magazine app should also give you the option to close your subscription, either in a settings menu in the app itself, or in the Settings app.

It says that iTunes cannot give me a refund and so I cannot actually cancel my 1 year magazine subscription. I should just probably keep this one year subscription. For all of you out there who wishes to try out a magazine, probably use the one month subscription first before committing to a year of subscription to a magazine that you really don't like.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, well that explains it.

I though maybe you had an automatically renewing subscription that, and you wanted to cancel it. I'm not surprised that you can not cancel mid subscription period, any more than you could if you get the dead tree magazine.

As you said, if you are not certain you want a magazine it is wise to choose a shorter subscription period, until you are sure.

In the mean time, maybe the magazine will get their act together, and you'll end up enjoying the remaining issues. It is to be hopped for, at any rate.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts