What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i update my ipad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to the iOS section of this Forum you'll find detailed instructions there on how to update your iPad to iOS5.

Good Luck

Tim

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plug it into a computer and launch Itunes. From there you can select "Update" and it will tell you if there is a update available or not.

bigbird25059815

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to general & settings. Then you will see that there is a iOS update option & do this over the wireless connection & it is as simple as that!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CamIpad2 said:
I'm now using IOS 5. If I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 any impact on App already installed?

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

Whenever there is a new update for the iPad, developers will also update their apps so that they will run smoothly with it. You should have no trouble with your apps, but having said that sometimes bugs only appear after the update is released. Developers then will update again to fix this.

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tagg67 said:
Plug it into a computer and launch Itunes. From there you can select "Update" and it will tell you if there is a update available or not.

Plus one...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm now using IOS 5. If I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 any impact on App already installed?
Welcome to the forum! As long as you follow the directions for the iOS 5.0.1 upgrade there won't be any impact to your apps, etc.

There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Stacywilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope you would have downloaded iTunes on your iPad....just check their whether any updates are available for you...i guess this is one of the most simpler ways..enjoy using ur Ipad..:)

idanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plug into your pc and open up iTunes and update

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCrank said:
Plus one...

Hey, fancy seeing you over in this neck of the woods!! How u be??

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Rasmussener

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope that you have downloaded iTunes to your iPhone .... just make sure that theirare available for you ... I think this is one of the easiest ways .. enjoy ur iphone ..

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I am going to move this over to the HELP section where it should belong.

Thanks,

Skimonkey

Most reactions

Latest posts