What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I turn off my passcode on a Ipad mini with IOS 8.0

coachgene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded IOS 8.0 on my Ipad mini. I put in a passcode but now I would like to turn off the passcode feature. My old IOS 7 instructions do not work. How do I go about turning off the passcode in IOS 8 ?

Coach gene

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - Passcode, enter your passcode and select "Turn Passcode Off" afterwards. You'll have to enter the code once more, then it should be disabled.

OP
C

coachgene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded IOS 8.0 on my Ipad mini. I put in a passcode but now I would like to turn off the passcode feature. My old IOS 7 instructions do not work. How do I go about turning off the passcode in IOS 8 ?

Coach gene
Thank you very much. Followed your directions and it worked right off the bat. Good job !

Davidcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This did not work for me. "Turn Passcode Off" is greyed out on my system

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have an Exchange account or a profile installed on your iPad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It might be the reason why you can't disable the passcode. If possible, remove the account and look at your passcode settings again. You should be able to turn off the passcode lock.

The account can be reinstalled afterwards.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPad is managed through your employer (often the case when you are allowed to have work email and intranet access), then they have probably put a profile on the iPad. Profiles typically set a minimum security policy, like not letting you turn off the passcode.

Davidcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be the reason why you can't disable the passcode. If possible, remove the account and look at your passcode settings again. You should be able to turn off the passcode lock.

Yes, that works thanks but as soon as I reinstall Exchange account it resets the passcode lock. I think Twerppoet might be right and I will find out on Monday.

Thanks for your help

Most reactions