What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I sync my iPad to iTunes?

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iTunes on my laptop and for the first time I connected my iPad and I cannot see any way to sync my iPad 2, or iPhone 5 for that matter. I hate updates because this always happens.

I use Goodreader and in the old iTunes I would connect my iPad and then I would select apps and all the apps are listed at the bottom and I would scroll down to the bottom and select Goodreader. I would select to add files and I could just drag and drop from my laptop file folder the files I want to add to my Goodreader. I cannot even see how tomdo that anymore.

Could someone please enlighten me as to how I sync. I see the icon on the right on the upper bar that my iPad is connected. This used tombe in the menu bar on the left before the iTunes uodate, but I do not see where to choose options to update and sync.

Thanks in advance.

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After the Ipad is connected to your computer, you should see it listed on the left side under devices. Right click on it and there should be an option to sync.

Last edited:
OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agent1191 said:
After the Ipad is connected to your computer, you should see it listed on the left side under devices. Right click on it and there should be an option to sync.

My iTunes was updated and it is different now. The column on the left that had the connected device listed that you right click on is no longer there. I had no problem doing it before iTunes was updated. That icon that appeared on the left, I did find in the top banner towards the right, but when I clicked it, it no longer "saw" my iPad connected to the laptop. Am I maybe unknowingly double clicking it after fighting with it so long before noticing it in the top banner towards the right? I always have such a hard time with changes from updates and put it off for as lomg as I possibly can. I have been at it for over three hours now. Probably should call it a night and try again tomorrow when I will, hopefully, not be so frustrated and won't let the new updated look get to me.

Thanks, but that was the old version of iTunes which is why I am having problems. No longer looks like that.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the features are hidden by default. Assuming you are using a PC, hit the alt key. This will open your menu bar. Click on View (I think (I'm away from my PC)) and you can choose which features you want to be able to see. Sidebar is one of them, and this will make it look more like older versions.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Most of the features are hidden by default. Assuming you are using a PC, hit the alt key. This will open your menu bar. Click on View (I think (I'm away from my PC)) and you can choose which features you want to be able to see. Sidebar is one of them, and this will make it look more like older versions.

Thanks. I will try that tomorrow. I have been at it for quite a while tonight and have turned my PC laptop off.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
In the the new itunes 11, you should see a button appear at the top right (instead of down the left hand side) marked ipad, when you connect your ipad.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
In the the new itunes 11, you should see a button appear at the top right (instead of down the left hand side) marked ipad, when you connect your ipad.

Thanks to all. I was able to do it today. Loce this site.

Most reactions