What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I switch off "find my phone?

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have seen it but I am EDITED I can find it again.
How in EDITED do I find and turn off, "find my. Phone"?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Run settings app and select iCloud. F.m.i should appear at the end of the list.Tap on/off to set/unset. Button will be green when it is in operation.

Why should you want to turn it off ? Not recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Run settings app and select iCloud. F.m.i should appear at the end of the list.Tap on/off to set/unset. Button will be green when it is in operation.

Why should you want to turn it off ? Not recommended.

Hi there.
thanks for the info. I remember I had seen it before but for some reason I had a mental block as to how I got there, hence the language....sorry.

The only reason for turning it off is that I intend to update the iTunes OS within the next few days and I have noted that some where someone was making an update and it stalled and they received an error message telling them to turn off that function (it was during the update) before proceeding further. I thought I would get in first this and turn it off before asked.

Once the update is completed I will re activate that function again.

Thanks again.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad I could help.

Re language. It's a wonder system admins didn't pick it up, I think they frown on it.

Mind you, I know how frustrating it is when you can't find a setting you know very well is there. However a quick post to the forum usually brings a rapid response.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The main reason to have to turn off find my iPhone is to restore the device.

Most reactions