What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I stop iMessages going to two different ipad2's?

photobuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to the forum. I live in Hawaii and will be moving to China soon to join my husband. Here is my problem...I have an ipad2 and I just bought
my husband one and set up some of my apps on his before sending it to him. Now he is getting my messages from some of my contacts which is driving him nuts because he doesn't want them on his iPad and neither do I!!! I don't care if we use the same apple id or iTunes id, but I draw the line at sharing my text messages! Can this problem be fixed by changing his iCloud account and if so can some one take me step by step to change it so I can tell him?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He'll have to log off of your iTunes account on iMessage. He doesn't have to completely remove it from the device from other apps like the AppStore or Gamecenter and whatnot. He signs off iMessages, if he wants to use iMessages, he can create/use his own iTunes account and that's it.

OP
P

photobuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks that is helpful....one (or 2) more question ....he will ask me how to do it....what do I tell him? Will he go into settings to change it?

OP
P

photobuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Duh! I knew that...guess I was having a blond moment...Thank you again!

Most reactions