What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do I move a PDF file from Win10 PC to my iPad?

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.
At the moment, to get an PDF file from my PC to my iPad 2, 3GS I attach it to an email and then I email myself to a web email client and then I access it on my iPad. A rather unsatisfactory arrangement I think.

Is there any other way that I can use that is more direct than emailing myself with the PDF attachment?

Regards

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Janset,

You could perhaps use a cloud service such as Dropbox, which you would need to install on your PC and your iPad. You could then upload the file on the PC and have it appear in the Dropbox App on the iPad. You would need a Dropbox account and be signed in on both devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One of my favorite PDF apps is Documents by Readdle. It has a wi-fi transfer mode that lets you log into your iPad via a web browser to transfer files over your local network. It also supports all the usual cloud file services (DropBox, Box, Google Drive, iCloud Drive)

If you combine it with PDF Expert (another app by Readdle), you get all of PDF Expert's advanced PDF annotation tools in Documents interface (which provides a more basic set by itself).

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Thanks for the response.

I think I will try your suggestion J.A. as I have the requirements already installed. Outlook and One Drive on the PC. I will have to check to see if I have One Drive on the iPad, if not I will install. I presume it can be downloaded through iTunes.

The only setback now is that I have never used One Drive so I do not know how it works. Once that is worked out, Bob's your uncle.

Regards

Most reactions

Latest posts