What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I move an PDF file onto the iPad screen

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a "User Guide" for a particular APP that is not incorporated within the APP. It can be downloaded from the net, which I did and it is in the PDF format now located on my Windows 7 PC.

My question, how can I transfer this PDF "User guide" onto my iPad so that it will show on the iPad screen where all the Ipad App icons are displayed? :confused:

Regards

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Google drive for file transfers or you can email it as an attachment. I use Adobe reader to store and read PDF files.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open the file in Safari with no other tab opened (you said it could be downloaded from the internet) and then add it to your homescreen, instead of opening in another app.

Last edited:
OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi there.

I already have Adobe reader installed so that is one point for me.

J.A., you say download in Safari, that sounds not to hard, but how do I get it onto the home screen, does it go there by default? As you may have guessed, I have not down loaded any stand-alone files off the net as yet.

Regards.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open the site where you can download it. Tap the file to open it. It should be visible afterwards - at least the first page. If another tab opens, close the ones without the PDF file. Then choose the "Share" button (top, left) and add to homescreen. image-263387923.jpg

image-8730136.jpg
My file

Last edited:

Most reactions