What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i get CCK to work on iPad?

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Camera Connection Kit. When I plug the part that is supposed to allow you to read SD card into either my iPad 2 or my New iPad I get the following message on both iPads: "Accessory Unavailable. The attached accessory uses too much power." What going on with that? What good is the $30.00 accessory if it will not allow me to read an SD card- isn't that what it is SUPPOSED to do? Am I doing it wrong, or not doing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - welcome to the forum! :)

First, what brand of CCK did you purchase? I own the one that is offered by Apple which has worked fine w/ my iPad 2; cannot comment on the 'new' iPad.

Second, I would suggest that you 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the procedure - not sure that these maneuvers will help but will do no harm and are quick.

Please re-post your results to this thread for further advice if the above does not help - good luck!

OP
Danijoh69

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the CCK from Apple! Turning off/resetting iPad(s) has no effect but thanks for the reply!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What size and type of SD card are you using? I just successfully used an 8GB microSDHC card (with an adapter).

Maybe SD cards are like the USB sticks - you've got to find one that works...?

Marilyn

eloisaveronica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello iPad lover
I'm having trouble with the lock rotation button. It is stock in portrait. I press the button but does not change at all. I also tried 2ble press the center button to be able to manage it in a different way, without success. How can I fix it. I want my iPad to be able to rotate again.
Thanks in advance

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello iPad lover
I'm having trouble with the lock rotation button. It is stock in portrait. I press the button but does not change at all. I also tried 2ble press the center button to be able to manage it in a different way, without success. How can I fix it. I want my iPad to be able to rotate again.
Thanks in advance

Hello Eloisaveronica - welcome to the forum! :)

Just a suggestion, i.e. you should have started your own thread rather than post in an unrelated one - just confusing for all and likely will not receive the attention that you deserve - bottom line, hijacking another thread is not good practice - :thumbsdown:

But to address your question, I'm assuming that you have changed (in settings) your slide switch (upper right side) from the default of muting the sound to the alternate of fixating your screen orientation - correct? If so, have you returned to settings and set the option to 'sound mute'? Now, there are some other considerations - you'll need to respond first and you may also want to start a new thread w/ your issue, as suggested - good luck!

eloisaveronica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm soooooo sorry. I'm kind of very new at this. I appologize. And yes I tried all that.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm soooooo sorry. I'm kind of very new at this. I appologize. And yes I tried all that.

OK - no problem at all - just that your issue will be lost in this other thread; please start a new thread of your own and describe your problem and the steps that you have taken to try a correction; if not already done, you may try to 'Restart' and if not helpful 'Reset' your iPad - directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the procedure - good luck and hope to see you posting your own thread - :)

OP
Danijoh69

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update on getting CCK to work on the iPad. I talked to Apple support yesterday; they suggested I take CCK somewhere & try it on another iPad, so I went to my AT&T store. We hooked up my CCK, using my thumb drive & my USB card- neither one would bring up any pix on their iPad. So we hooked up AT&T tech's iPhone up to my iPad- her pix came up on my iPad! I hooked up MY iPhone to MY iPad & got pix. SOOOO, I can upload pix from iPhone to iPad using CCK just fine, but when I try to upload pix from either USB or thumb drive it will not work!! I formatted a thumb drive, moved a pic over from my pc to newly formatted thumb drive then hooked up thumb drive to iPad via CCK-no go! For some reason, it will not upload JPG pic from my pc. I'm open to any suggestions!!

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thumb drives placed into the CCK does not work. The ipad does not have enough power for the thumb drive.

The CCK USB adapter is for powered camera connection only.

OP
Danijoh69

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:
Thumb drives placed into the CCK does not work. The ipad does not have enough power for the thumb drive.

The CCK USB adapter is for powered camera connection only.

Ok, that seems o be the case, but the CCK SD card adapter should be able to read an SD card, and it doesn't !

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, that seems o be the case, but the CCK SD card adapter should be able to read an SD card, and it doesn't !

Are the files on the SD card in a DCIM directory ? If not, your ipad won't see the files.

Aslo the files have to be named something like this 100_1140.jpg for image. Just go 100_1141.jpg for the next image. The same for movies such as 100_1143.MOV or 100_1143.AVI

Last edited:

Most reactions