What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit stopped working

MadOx75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been taking pics and importing them to my iPad from the camera connection kit for a few weeks now. I went to get some pictures off of the cam last night, and nothing. Nothing happens at all. Nothing has changed about the camera or the card. And I know that the iPad is seeing the SD adapter because if I power it off and plug in the adapter, it turns on. But its not even giving me an error message. I'm able to pull the pics off on my PC. I tried formatting the card and still not working. My camera (Olympus E-PL1) doesnt seem to work with the USB connector plugged directly into it either. I'm really confused, because nothing has changed other than the fact that it works....

HaroldOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you format the SD card in your camera or computer. You should always format in the camera in order to have the proper folders installed.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did You RE-boot your iPad?

It just sometimes seems that when all else fails, rebooting the iPad cures or fixes the problem. That seems to be the advice most often offered. Rebooting is holding down the sleep button until you get the power off slider, slide to off. Wait a little bit then press and hold down the sleep button until you get the apple logo.

If that doesn't work, then consider syncing your iPad and restore.

Welcome to the Forum!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Second the reboot suggestion.
Also check you didn't lock the card by mistake when mounting it.

OP
M

MadOx75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It wasnt any of these things. The card and kit worked fine in a friends iPad. I ended up having to do a complete restore. No idea what caused the problem. I had to set it up as a complete new device... Weird.

Most reactions