What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do AIM & Itunes work?

Awesome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Itunes the same like how it is on the computer?

And how does AIM work? Can you have both that and an internet window open at the same time like on a normal computer, or do you have to go back and forth?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say iTunes do you mean the media store or the music player? The store is similar to the desktop version and so is the music player (no cover flow tho).

Aim is well aim...I would recommend buying Im+ it allows you to chat with basically any service and stays online for up to 72 hours...very good app.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With aim you have to keep switching back and forth. Just like the iPod touch. With 4.0 coming out soon, there will finally be multitasking

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an idiot or is there no random/shuffle in the iPad iPod interface? I don't necessarily want to play my songs in sequence.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With aim you have to keep switching back and forth. Just like the iPod touch. With 4.0 coming out soon, there will finally be multitasking

Is the 4.0 just an update or something?

Its not 4.0 for iTunes he speaks of, he is talking about the iPhone OS 4.0 upgrade that is in beta testing version 2 right now.

I'm an idiot or is there no random/shuffle in the iPad iPod interface? I don't necessarily want to play my songs in sequence.

There is a random shuffle, either scroll all the way to the top of your playlist and hit shuffle, or while playing a song hit the shuffle at the end of the time bar. It looks like two intertwined arrows.

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and thats in the ipad interface? mine doesnt seem to have that. ill have to look again. mine doesnt seem to be the full version of itunes. im just using the icon that says iPod in the lower right hand of the docked icons.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and thats in the ipad interface? mine doesnt seem to have that. ill have to look again. mine doesnt seem to be the full version of itunes. im just using the icon that says iPod in the lower right hand of the docked icons.

It's not the desktop version of iTunes...it's the iPad version. Who knows what 4.0 will bring tho.

panlamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The only way I found to shuffle the songs is to:
Click on the now playing song, then click on the large cover art, and then at the end of the progress bar there is the shuffle icon to click.

Hopefully there will be an easier way at some point in the future.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shuffle appears on the play controls when you start playing music...what I want to know how to do tho is to play everything by a single artist....if you go to an artist it shows all albums...if you tap play all songs it's starts playing but if you go to now playing it only shows the current album....when that album finishes it stops playing.

panlamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shuffle appears on the play controls when you start playing music...what I want to know how to do tho is to play everything by a single artist....if you go to an artist it shows all albums...if you tap play all songs it's starts playing but if you go to now playing it only shows the current album....when that album finishes it stops playing.

Mine seems to act differently than yours then. If I choose an artist that I have more than one album, it will play all of the songs by that artist (on shuffle or in order).
If I am looking at the now playing cover art and change to the list view it shows the songs from just that album, but it will switch to another random album after the song is done.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine seems to act differently than yours then. If I choose an artist that I have more than one album, it will play all of the songs by that artist (on shuffle or in order).
If I am looking at the now playing cover art and change to the list view it shows the songs from just that album, but it will switch to another random album after the song is done.

I'm not talking about shuffle...I want it to play the first album then when that finishes go to the next album...all iPads are created equally, none will act differently than others...I just don't know how to do it yet.

panlamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm not talking about shuffle...I want it to play the first album then when that finishes go to the next album...all iPads are created equally, none will act differently than others...I just don't know how to do it yet.

As I said earlier mine plays all of the songs by the chosen artist randomly or in order, depending on what is chosen.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As I said earlier mine plays all of the songs by the chosen artist randomly or in order, depending on what is chosen.

Would you care to share how you are getting it to do that?

panlamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you care to share how you are getting it to do that?[/QUOTE]

Open iPod.
Click "Artists" at the bottom.
Pick Artist that I want.
Click "Play All Songs" in the in the top right.
They are then played in the order that the songs are listed.

I hope this helps.
Steve

Most reactions

Latest posts