What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AIM confusion

Awesome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the generic AIM for IPad. Is there a way that I can be doing something like browsing the internet, or being on my home page, and knowing I have a new IM? Because it's annoying that I can't surf the internet and know I have a new IM. I don't want to keep AIM open 24/7.

And how do I put the iPod on shuffle?

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
to shuffle in iPod, at the top of your playlist there should be one that says shuffle.

As for AIM, you can close the app and you will get a notification message when you get any new messages.

Go into your ipad settings and make sure you have Push Notifications turned on, thats how you get the popup messages from apps like AIM when they are closed.

Last edited:
OP
A

Awesome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the aim help. Still can't figure out iPod part. Also, how do I turn off aim sounds? I tried doing it through settings but it didn't do anything.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use aim constantly, my girlfriend (the teacher, hence the username) and I stay connected while we're working because it doesn't disturb us if we're in a meeting or she's teaching or something like that, we just check in when we're done. The PUSH notifications work great for me, and I like the regular aim software too much to switch to a third party I'm app, but I only use one account.

Most reactions

Latest posts