What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I transfer photos from old IPad to my laptop HP Envy ?

Jennyowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am getting a new IPad as soon as BB gets them in and e-mails me delivery date, IPad pro 10.9 inch 64 GB wifi plus unlocked cellular. My old IPad will barely turn on, in fact I was surprised it did at all, got the battery to 1% and left it plugged in to see if it will charge to a decent amount of power. When I used it last a few years ago, it would not stay open on a program at all, kept bouncing back to page with all the apps. This morning, I did manage to open pictures and it stayed open surprisingly. I know I used to transfer pix but the laptop is not recognizing the IPad when I go into one of the picture programs. Could this be because of the poor performance on it? How can I get my laptop to recognize IPad? I don't want to lose all this pictures. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too technical minded with it, but trying to hang in there.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If iTunes recognizes the iPad you could back it up to iTunes on your computer and use that backup to set up your new iPad. That backup would contain the photos, which would be transferred to the new iPad along with everything else on the old iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jenny........ - you've already received some great advice from our staff members - but the issue(s) remain as to whether you iPad can effectively communicate w/ iTunes on your computer; photos can be exchanged via both devices when working properly - did you do this in the past and have you looked in iTunes on the computer? As suggested, do you have any backups in the cloud? If not, then your photos may be lost - hope not.

Let me suggest another option (of course will depend on a working cabled communication between your two devices) - I use an app called iMazing which allows easy transfer of items, including photos between cabled iDevices and computers w/o the use of iTunes; also, complete backups and restorations of an iDevice can be done (I'll likely use this process after buying a new iPad). The first pic below shows the opening screen of the app w/ my iPad Air 2 cabled to my laptop - notice on the right the selections 'Back Up' & 'Restore a Backup'; in the second pic, I've highlighted my 'Photos' on the iPad, selected two which could be easily exported to my laptop (arrows). Now this is a paid app but a 'free download' is available - not sure how functional the freebie may be? So another suggestion - good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)
iMazing1.png
iMazing2.png

OP
Jennyowner

Jennyowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea! I managed to transfer all my pix from the old IPad to my laptop. I used the charging cable, one end plugged into the laptop and one end into IPad. Went thru steps from you tube video and it worked like a charm. I had over a 1000 pix dating back to 2011. My laptop managed to charge to 100% which surprised me, but programs still erratic when I try to do something on it. For some reason it worked for the pictures and I won't question as to how. I will probably recopy them to an external in future, but for now I'm just glad I did not lose them. Thank you for all the input, it did help me familiarize myself with some of the steps I used.

Most reactions

Latest posts