What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can I stop apps running?

Ipad2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this may sound silly to some but how do I stop apps from running in the background?

I know how to do it on other tablets but never found the way on my iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Double tap the Home button or swipe upwards with 4 or 5 fingers. Then slide the thumbnails above the app icons towards the top of the screen.
image.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
I

Ipad2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double tap the Home button or swipe upwards with 4 or 5 fingers. Then slide the thumbnails above the app icons towards the top of the screen.
View attachment 58913
Hope that helps.

Many thanks for that.

is it worth doing that every so offen or not?

also this iPad I have got is new and see something called airdrop but what is it?

I have it on all the time but do I need it on all the time as I have got the icon on top right hand side of screen?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Airdrop is a facility for transferring files between compatible iDevices. You can turn it off until you need to use it. You can use it, as an example, for transferring a photograph from an iPhone 5s to an iPad mini. The version included with Mac computers is not compatible with iOS versions.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not worth it to keep force closing apps all the time. You are basically doing what iOS is already doing for you. iOS freeze the apps so it won't consume battery and memory. It doesn't run exactly as windows or mac.

There are exceptions though, if you have background app refresh, some apps like skype, facebook, twitter, spotify, and all the other kinds of apps drains battery on the background, so you need those forced closed.

The point of multitasking in iOS isn't to actually multitask like we think we do, we are just switching between apps every time to actually do something.

Most reactions

Latest posts