What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Can I Save a pdf file

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a manual that I would like to have available at anytime on my iPad. I have to download it from a website. I have saved a link where I can get to it easily. But is there a way to save the file to iPad memory where I can access it when I am not available to a wifi hot spot and have no Internet access... It will not allow me to do a select all and paste it anywhere.....is there a way to copy and save it? thanks.....If you tell me how to do it please make it ...iPad for Dummies....Thnx.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are plenty of PDF apps that would work for this, but the easiest thing to do would be to download iBooks (if you don't already have it). When you are viewing the PDF in Safari, tap and hold in the center of the screen. You should get a pop-up menu with Open In… options. If iBooks is installed it will be the default; but almost any app capable of reading PDF files should also be an option. Up to 10 of them, anyway.

Most reactions