What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I locate New York, NY weather correctly with SIRI?

jidu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I ask for the weather in New York, NY, Siri is telling me the weather in New York, TX. How do I correct that. Help appreciated.

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jidu said:
When I ask for the weather in New York, NY, Siri is telling me the weather in New York, TX. How do I correct that. Help appreciated.

check your location on your settings

iPad 3 

OP
J

jidu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purplehaste: Ask Siri about the weather in New York, NY. What weather forecast is she giving you? My "Location on my settings" is set to New York, NY. SIRI is telling me that it is 90 F in New York but it is actually 60 F and cold in New York at the moment. If you click on the yahoo icon on the right corner, SIRI is directing us to New York, TX.

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jidu said:
Purplehaste: Ask Siri about the weather in New York, NY. What weather forecast is she giving you? My "Location on my settings" is set to New York, NY. SIRI is telling me that it is 90 F in New York but it is actually 60 F and cold in New York at the moment. If you click on the yahoo icon on the right corner, SIRI is directing us to New York, TX.

try to turn off the location and turn it on again and click the map location turn off then switch it on again

tell me what the result after you done it

iPad 3 

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found a solution ask siri

what is the weather in new york texas

iPad 3 

Last edited:
OP
J

jidu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off and on the location and the map location with no success. Lol, looks like nice weather coming up in New York City and New York Texas through Wednesday - up to 93F and partly sunny. I think this must be a bug.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just tried asking Siri what the weather is in the Big Apple. Worked like a charm.

If you happen to live in TX, or nearby Siri, is probably using it's context sensitivity and giving you that nearer city.

Edit: heh heh, "The Windy City" works for weather in Chicago. I wonder how many other nicknames Siri recognizes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts